Hi! I’m Cate.
I have always loved to write, and started writing stories and observations as a child. I come from a large family (8th of 12) and had to whittle my own pencils (just kidding!) Seriously though, I did have to start working for the family business at the age of 12, and it wasn’t until 40 years later that I finally got off the workaholic hamster wheel. In the meantime, I had put myself through college, owned multiple business, traveled the world, and raised three fine sons.
had a good life! But in striving so hard to pull myself up by my bootstraps, I
had set aside the frivolity of writing. It wasn’t until 2010 (during the last
two years of hamster wheeling) that I started journaling again. From there it
went to poetry, stories, articles, blogs, and on to books, publishing my first
book in 2013. And oh, baby, did it feel good to write again! Writing
crystalizes my thoughts so I can see them more clearly. Writing is a catharsis
and a catheter, a maintenance practice for the well-being of my body and soul.
years of diverse careers (teacher, business owner, instrument/commercial pilot,
mother, life coach) gave me lots to write about! Some of the highlights:
- Raising my children and learning as much from them as they learned from me.
- Mentoring employees and having them tell me I was the best “boss” they had ever worked for.
- Watching women and teen-agers step into their own power through the challenge of learning how to fly.
- My “3 AM MUSE” who pretty much wrote Silent Sky for me.
- Comments from readers and audience members when I spoke about Silent Sky, also a story of empowerment.
- Working with Shamans in several countries to understand the ancient, healing wisdoms so many of us have forgotten.
- “Spontaneous Creativity” arising from deep meditations.
- Hearing from coaching clients that I “turned their life around.”
- Recent reviews on my new book, Soul Primer, including “This should be required reading for every human” and “It is so beautiful, I started crying.”
Thanks for being here with me. Thanks for visiting my website. I love to hear from you. My contact info is in the back of all my books and, of course, on this website’s “contact” page. Hope to talk with you soon!
Also make sure to check out our Local Businesses page!